Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wow, time flies. Its been almost a week since I posted. We had a big storm come through over the weekend which dumped a lot of snow in the mountains.

Last Friday I had a TOUGH swim workout (probably wouln't have been as tough if my swim fitness wasn't so bad - a lot of work needs to be done in the pool in the next two months before 1/2 IM Cali. That night I ran 6 miles in a DOWNPOUR. Saturday I got in my long run for the week (16miles), my longest run since Kona, it definately did not feel as easy as that route did this summer prior to my accident.
Sunday it POURED all day so we had a lazy day around the house which was nice.

On Monday morning I got all the way to the pool to discover I hadn't brought my backpack containing my swimsuit, goggles, etc ;-( Monday night we had a good workout at the track.
This morning I did another 16 mile run, my last long run before the Calico trail race next Sunday. I was going to continue with some solid running over the next week but I am having some issues with my right quad (where I got hit by the car) so I am going to go easy with the running until the race. I will keep up my run consistency but back off on distance and intensity.

Kylie is running the 50km race at Calico and I am doing the 30km. I think that Kylie is going to have a really good race. She has put in the miles and with a good taper over the next ten days she should do very well in her first ultra. Although I still think anyone who runs further than amarathon is nuts ;-)

No comments: