Friday, January 18, 2008

Hip Flexor Issues

My running had really been coming along with my increased running frequency and consistency. Unfortunately, a couple weeks a go I tripped on a branch while trail running and felt a bit of a pull in my right hip flexor. The next day while cycling I stood up to sprint over a small rise on the river trail and felt further discomfort in the same area. Although I eased off, I did keep running on it, thinking it would work itself out. 10 days ago I tried to follow up the prior days long run with and easy run but realized I was just doing further damage and realized I had to stay away from running and rest it so I wouldn't injure it to the poin that it affected my entire season.

The last few days I have finally been pain free and am looking forward to the Calico Trail Run on Sunday.

No comments: