Monday, March 17, 2008

Taper Time!

I had my last hard workout yesterday and am now tapering for Cali 70.3

While I haven't got the amount of training in I had hoped for, I feel pretty fit. I recently started adding a bit more intensity to my workouts and am feeling some fatique. So, I am definately ready for the taper and hope to show up to Oceanside rested, sharp and ready to race.

I have some time goals in my head, one probable goal and an other "if everything goes right" goal. Of course, time goals can go out the window based on weather or other things so as long as I race up to the level of my current fitness, I will be quite happy.

While I have been very busy with work and other things, this race provided me with the motivation to keep fit this winter, so really it is already successful.

Good luck to everyone else racing and we'll se you out there!

No comments: